Now that we’re officially in 2020 I think it’s the perfect time to reflect back at the past year and jot down some of the lessons I’ve learnt. It can be quite overwhelming to reflect so deeply and to break things down especially when it’s a whole year of your life but I think it’s also nice to realise that without realising you might have learnt a fair bit about yourself and the world around you. So, here are a few lessons I’ve learnt in 2019 and hopefully ones that I’ll continue to work on in the years to come.
- Worry less because there are some things that you have no control over and worrying about them isn’t going to make the situation any better
- You don’t have to document everything on social media
- Trust those around you and their opinions because they have your best interest at heart
- Smile even when you’re feeling a little sad – it may make you feel better
- Spend less time on your phone and don’t worry about MISSING OUT!
- Care about those who care about you
- You don’t have to do something just because other people are doing it
- Do things on your own – self-care dates
- Trust your gut
- Don’t put things off – time will fly by without you noticing
- Surround yourself with people who truly care about you
- You will probably never be ‘enough’ for everyone, so just be ‘enough’ for yourself
- Celebrate all your little WINS!
- Respect other people’s opinions
- Listen, you may learn something new!
- Happiness isn’t materialistic – do things that truly make you happy even if that’s spending some time alone reading a book in a coffee shop
- Do things outside your comfort zone
- You can say NO! – you don’t have to do everything, sometimes it’s best to take a break from socialising
- Keep doing your best!
Love Sharuni xx