Happy New Year Lovelies, can’t believe its officially 2019, the year has gone by so quickly!
I know a lot of people like to set themselves new years resolutions or goals, but I think after trying to stick to such goals and failing miserably the last few years, I’m going to try something different. This year I’ve decided to write a list of things that I want to do and see, like a very long list, things I haven’t done yet, things to push me out of my boundaries.
There are so many things I enjoy doing and most of the time I feel like life gets so busy that I feel like there’s not enough time to do the things that make me happy. Even if it’s as simple as finding the time to go out with my friends, so I thought this year I would make a list of things I want to do each month:
- Read at least two books a month
- A fun read
- An educational one or at least something that will make me think
- Have a ME day at least once every two weeks, a day where I do anything I want to do and not worry about university deadlines or anything stressful in general
- Write a post a week or at least three posts a month
- Spend more time with friends and family and capture those memories
- Please someone teach me skincare because that is something 2019 Sharuni needs to start doing
- BAKE MORE
This year I want to try and stress less (I know that’s a statement and a half), I tend to stress a lot about everything and it can be quite overwhelming, especially with the added stress of university. So, in 2019 I want to be more aware of my boundaries, try to understand when my body just wants to rest and try not to overwhelm myself. I found that keeping a weekly diary helps make me be more efficient, so I can find a good balance between work and socialising, so I know I am making time to do things for myself.
There are so many countries I still want to visit and some I have been dying to revisit, so I thought I’d share some of these places. If you have any suggestions please send them my way.
- I really want to do more staycations and visit cities in my own country I haven’t yet visited.
- I want to head back to Sri Lanka
- Canada because Canadians are COOL obviously
- Paris sounds amazing right now
- All of Greece
- Italy so I can eat all the pizza
And so many more amazing places that apparently, I can’t think of right now. But honestly, I’m just exciting to explore lots of new places with my friends and family and make some amazing memories.
I’m also turning 21 this year, EEK! And I can’t wait to celebrate it with my loved ones! Sadly, my birthday is close to exam month which means I’m probably not going to celebrate it until after they are over, but either way I’m exciting for all the birthday fun. If you have any ideas please share because I have no idea on what I want to do.
My blog, Just Another Asian With Glasses is going to be a big part of 2019. I want to write more interesting and fun content to help the blog grow as it’s still relatively new and hopefully this year it will be more active. But most importantly, I want to have fun with it because I genuinely enjoy writing these posts and I can’t wait to see what exciting things are going to happen with it this year.
I’m so excited for this year and I can’t wait to share it with all of you! I hope you have a wonderful 2019, full of joyous memories, amazing people and just a lot of positivity.
Love Sharuni xx
//2nd January 2019//