Reading has always been my passion.
My love with books has definitely grown over the years but unlike when I was younger, I haven’t read as many books throughout the year. So this year I plan to read more books, starting off with the handful in my room which I have yet to read. So what better time to tell you about some of the books I’ve read and loved, as well as some I plan to read in the near future. There is always going to be some months where I have the time to read more books than others, but I’ll be happy if I read at least one a month. 2018 has started surprisingly well in terms of the amount of books I’ve read, even though the deadlines have been piling on.
Here are a few of my favourite reads that I would definitely recommend you read:
- The Mortal Instruments, Cassandra Clare
- The Starcrossed trilogy, Josephine Angelini
- The Infernal Devices, Cassandra Clare
- ALL THE JOHN GREEN BOOKS
- Harry Potter (Obviously!)
- Anne and The French Kiss, Stephanie Perkins
- The Sin Eater’s Daughter, Melinda Salisbury
- Lola and The Boy Next Door, Stephanie Perkins
- Shock of the Fall. Nathan Filler
I’ve loved reading these books, some more than once but what I love more than rereading a book is finding a new one which makes you feel emotionally immersed, one that you can’t put down until it’s finished. So I thought I’d share some of the books I have already dug my teeth into this year and some I plan to read in the upcoming months.
- Heart of Dread trilogy, Melissa de la Cruz
- Trial by Fire trilogy, Josephine Angelini
- Frost Blood, Elly Blake
- The Dark Artifices, Cassandra Clare
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do, Holly Bourne
- Six of Crows, Leigh Bardugo
- Cinder, Marissa Meyer
Reading is an escape from the real world, one that intrigues me but most importantly one that can open your eyes to different ways of thinking and understanding the society we live in.
So read more books kids!
Love Sharuni xx
//18th February 2018//